2014년 7월 16일 수요일

[Hongdae] Authentic French Style Bakery 'Paul & Paulina' 폴앤폴리나


Hello all, today the place we want to introduce you is Paul and Paulina which is a famous and popular bakery in Korea! (:

Well, I guess many of you guys love bread! and so do I.
Actually in Korea, lots of people are very familiar with bread with some sweet jams or fillings inside like Paris Baguette bread. However, there are some of bakeries which serve bread for meals like western people usually eat! (like very plain type kind)

For me, honestly I'm a person who likes to eat bread with some cream cheese filling HAHAHA however, I get to try this place's bread since everytime I go hongdae, I could find lots of people queuing for the bread! HAH SERIOUS?
Then I wanted to try this. but of course before going there, I went to search for the reviews! and guess what? the reviews were so good!

OKAY so, after I've been there I came to love their bread so much!
They have not many kinds of bread and usually those are ciabattas, croissants kind.
But they also serve olive oil dippings as well to eat with the bread!




Here is the bakery!
You can find it easily when you reach Hongik University.
opposite of the univ, there's a Starbucks. When you go into that alley beyond the Starbucks, you can find the Paul and Paulina!

Normally there's a super long queue, but today I went there right after they opened
so only 3~4 girls were in the shop to check out their bread HAHAHA




As you can see, they do samplings!
well I didn't eat the samples cos I know their bread is already damn good
but the bakers their were very friendly and asked me to try those so I tried one with olive oil dipping :)

Their black olive bread is so so so awesome! I'm a olive person but if you don't like olive you can just choose normal ciabattas!




Everytime I come here, seems like I'm at some European bakery!
those bread all look so simple but authentic!




As I wrote above, they do have dippings and it's very cheap like \1,000 :)

But the cons of this place is ...
they have no seat to eat. I guess it's because the rental is so expensive and the bread their are usually for normal meals so people take away and eat at home!




So I brought this at home







Ok, she wrapped my bread separately.
I bought two bread. One is Black Olive and another is Cranberry scone.

I spent \5,600 for total amount of bread :)




Cranberry Scone

Super duper good when you eat this with Americano.
Hmmmmmm <3

Anything from Paul and Paulina never fails to make me feel satisfied!




Here's black olive
well, it's actually quite big and with only this bread I felt quite filling.





OMG, the olives are so good that I almost fainted
I kept saying 'daebak daebak!' HAHAHAHA



Well, if you stay in Seoul quite long, I recommend you to try this cos you cannot eat Korean food all day and may miss bread too!
and I guarantee that this place's bread is almost same as the bread which is sold in Paris! :)

They have two outlets in Seoul.
Original one is in Hongdae and recently they opened in Yeouido area.
So you can go wherever is near your place!



Name : Paul & Paulina
Address : 1. Hongdae - 서울 마포구 서교동 344-6 칼리오페 빌딩 102호
2. Yeouido - 서울 영등포구 여의도동 37 아일렉스 빌딩 1층
Money spent : around \5,000 if you buy two bread but some bread are cheaper
Opening hours : Hongdae branch - Everyday from 12pm to 7pm 
except Sundays and Every first week's monday
Yeouido Branch - Same as Hongdae branch.
(However, if you go late you may not find the bread you want since the bakery is very popular!)



Thanks for reading our post today again and stay updated by following us @seoulhophop at instagram

xx
<3

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기